Monday 5 August 2019

Melted Wax Art

How I did my clown art.

First we got a piece of paper then we got a pencil and drew our clowns. When we were done drawing the clowns we got to go and paint them with crayon paint.  To make the crayon paint we got some crayons and melted them in a muffin tin which sat in water in an electric frypan.  Each colour had its own paintbrush so we  didn't mix all the paint together. We had to paint one stroke at a time as it dried quickly.  The main colour I used was dark green. From the beginning it took quite a long time to paint the clowns as only three people could do it at a time.

What I think about my clown is that i'm proud of it because it makes me happy to look at it.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sofia, Yes I like your clown too, it made me smile and happy. The process you described to make the clown sounds like it did take a long time to make. Well done. Kelly (Renny's Mum).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sofia, I am pleased that you like your clown and that it makes you happy when you look at it. Art should always make you feel something. What other art makes you happy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Long
      Doing art makes me happy. I have my own desk at home where I do my art.

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Sofia,
    I am Brooklyn from Papakura Central School.
    I liked how you drew the clown and how you told us how to draw it.
    You taught me how to draw a clown that is nice and bright.
    Maybe something that you could also draw is Accessories that match that clown.
    What colours did you use to colour in the clown?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooklyn
    There was a selection of colours and I used them all because I liked all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kia ora my name is Klaudia i liked how you drew the clown and . you taught me how to draw the clown that is nice and bright and clourful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora my name is Livia
    I come from papakura central school I like how your clown has lots of colours.How long did it take?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my name is Lily,
    I really like the way you added lots of different types of colours. How long did it take you to make your melted wax art ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.